fish

Saturday, May 28, 2011

The weekend I had no friends


It's Memorial Day weekend. How lovely... or should I say lonely? Basically everyone and their mother went away to some beach or tropical location for the mini break. Because my family hates leaving the house, I am stuck here in my house. Now normally I wouldn't mind. There's nothing I love better than staying inside browsing the internet, rolling around on my bed, and doing god knows what else. Sometimes I even get crafty and draw or cut up my clothing, but lately I've just been too lazy. So as for my Saturday night, I'm looking forward to a romantic evening with my laptop. There's nothing I love more, and the feeling is obviously mutual. When Tuesday rolls around and everyone shows up to school raving about their w1Ld and cR@zY weekend, the only thing that I'm going to be able to contribute to the conversation is that I learned how to make grilled cheese without burning myself. I just can't be tamed... I did see Pirates of the Caribbean 4 "Stranger Tides" yesterday. I was actually pretty disappointed. As irresistible as Penelope Cruz is with her exotic Spanish accent, the movie just wasn't the same without Keira Knightly and Orlando Bloom. Out of the five friends that went, two of them fell asleep during the middle. I think that's pretty telling.


My parents have a bunch of college tours planned out for this summer. Last year we already visited;
  • NYU (New York University)
  • Columbia
  • Stanford
  • UC Berkely

This year we're headed to see;
  • U of T (University of Toronto)
  • UPenn (University of Pennslyvania)
  • BU (Boston University)

I'm excited. Though I really want to get into NYU, my parents think that I should broaden the list of schools I want to go to. I like the idea of going to school in a big city. There just seems like there would always be something to do. After a quick subway ride, I end up in an entirely different part of the city. There's always new places to explore and more people to meet.

chat roulette from Casey Neistat on Vimeo.


A brilliant documentary on what is known as "Chat Roulette". I'm ashamed to say that for a brief time I was hooked onto this website. Once you screen through all the scumbag horndogs, you can actually have some pretty decent conversations. The idea of talking to a stranger and then never having to speak with them again seemed interesting. For people like me (people who can't properly manage friendships) this website was perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment