fish

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Marching Bands of Manhattan


I love New York. There's nothing quite like the atmosphere and feel of this city. My love for New York is so strong that I want to make it publicly clear and blatantly obvious that I in fact "LOVE NEW YORK". I love it almost enough to wear an I ♥ NY tee-shirt, but then I would end up looking like a tourist... HAHA. Which goes against everything I believe in.
Things I have learned over time
  • Forget everything you once knew about manners and etiquette.
  • If you accidentally stumble into someone while braving the New York streets an obligatory apology is not required.
  • If you are of the female gender... you will get hit on. Hey! I'm not promising anything spectacular, but if you have a face and two legs it's bound to happen. Last year an Asian shoe salesmen kept trying to convince me to go back to his home country with him, where he could make me a queen. OKAY THERE BUDDY.
  • You will never go without coffee or a steady supply of caffeine. There is honestly a Starbucks every twenty feet. It makes sense. How else are you expected to survive "the city that never sleeps"?

No comments:

Post a Comment