fish

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Fantastic Mr. Fox

Now I'm no movie critic, but I know a good movie when I see one. I've been doing a lot of babysitting lately hence the reason why the last few films I've seen consisted of; Fantastic Mr. Fox, Kung Fu Panda 2, and Despicable Me. I have nothing against Dreamworks, but let's be honest it comes nowhere close to Pixar. The Incredibles anyone? Can someone say Academy Award winner... That's besides the point. While Pixar is the god of all things animated, I'm here reviewing Fantastic Mr. Fox. If we're being completely blunt about things, I want Wes Anderson's children. This movie was everything I could have asked for in a stop-motion film. "Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt" thank you Kurt Vonnegut, I couldn't have phrased it any better myself. George Clooney, and Meryl Streep even in fox form were brilliant. Character wise, I think I fell in love with Kristoferson. I AM IN NO MEANS INTO BESTIALITY SO LET'S NOT GET CARRIED AWAY, but his character was undeniably adorable. Though the ending was cheesy and predictable, I enjoyed it nevertheless.


Behind the scenes of Fantastic Mr. Fox from Matt Mungle on Vimeo.



It wouldn't be a proper movie review without mentioning the score. Alexandre Desplat I commend you. I'm just going to throw the word whimsical out there. Give these tracks a listen, and you'll understand what I mean by that. The tone is so positively happy and upbeat that if you listen for too long, you might start punching things or start skipping down your driveway. The side effects vary from either spectrum.

Kristofferson's Theme

Mr. Fox In The Fields

High-Speed French Train

Jimmy Squirrel And Co.


For your viewing pleasure you can watch the movie here, and to satiate your auditory needs you can download the soundtrack here.

No comments:

Post a Comment