fish

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Oceania


I present my one part series entitled "Fun times in Miami", in replace of some cheesy tropical postcard decked with Hibiscus flowers, and palm trees. Now I enjoy the beach just as much as the next person, but I prefer admiring it from a far. (Note that this philosophy also pertains to people) There's too much sand. Every time I take a shower I look down at the drain, and it's as if I brought the entire beach with me. I could start charging people to visit my personal island. Location; my bathroom. While I'm in Miami my inner materialistic gremlin makes its seasonal debut. I somehow forget that the beautiful lace blouse with its peter pan collar will end up costing me seven hours of work. I somehow forget that even thought I have already purchased three dresses this summer, I buy another one anyway (despite the fact that it looks strikingly similar to the one collecting dust in my closet). Miami's home to the rich, and the richer. You're competing with the Joneses, and everybody else. My family and I walked up to the infamous "Bal Harbour". With stores like Louis Vuitton, Miu Miu, Dolce Gabbana, Prada I try my best to look unfazed when I see price tags in the quadruple digits. Despite all my moaning, groaning, and "white people problems" I really am dreading our departure. A week free of work, and real life social encounters it's basically my dream come to life.



I watched Submarine a couple weeks ago, and it really re-enforced my interest in British culture. There's just something about British humor that's so very different from what I'm accustomed to. The movie itself was very strange, but captivating at the same time. The story line, like many other "teenage romance" films focuses around a socially awkward boy who falls in love with a quirky (also interchangeable with bitchy) girl. You can download the movie here. I want to know what you thought about it because I for one am still very confused.






1 comment:

  1. You're sooooo cute!!! *___*
    And oh my, that dress is beautiful! Do you know where I can find such a dress or what I can search up to find something like that?

    ReplyDelete