- Etude House Sun BB Creme - After trying various Asian BB creme's, I've come to the smattering conclusion that this one is my favorite. As it was originally targeted towards a more outdoor "summer" crew, the BB creme is both water proof and has SPF 50. I like that it doesn't smudge or cake throughout the day and that I don't need to apply sunscreen underneath it. The coverage is medium, and very buildable. I would not recommend this foundation to you if you have a medium to dark skin tone. For reference I'm a M.A.C NC20 and it blends fairly well for me.
- Lush Tee Tree Water - I spray this on in the morning and after I shower. It smells very minty and leaves my face feeling very fresh and clean. I have combination skin, so I'm glad that this toner doesn't dry my face out or leave any oily residue. I also think that it's helped my skin stay pretty clear. Tee Tree Oil is naturally supposed to keep your face oil free thus preventing future acne. I like that Lush uses all natural products, so they won't do any harm to your skin!
- Toly Moly Lip Tint (Cherry Pink) - One of my favorite lip products I've ever purchased, and since purchasing it has become one of my makeup staples. I like a matte lip, so stains are perfect for me. I usually just dab a little in the inner portion of my lip and blend out creating a nice "I just had a cherry popsicle" look. The lasting power is wonderful. I won't have to reapply a coat for at least 2-3 hours.
- Etude House Cookie Blusher (Sugar Macaroon) - I love Asian beauty product packaging. The color I purchased has minimal shimmer and is a nice rosy pink.
- Fresh Lip Balm - I received these as a gift from Sephora. If you're a beauty insider, they send you a travel sized sample during your birthday month. I like that it keeps my lips nice and hydrated! The lip balms have SPF 15 which is nice for the summer. I personally wouldn't purchase them because for 20$, I feel like you could just use vaseline for the same effect.
Thursday, August 9, 2012
Posted by Occasionally Leah at 8:10 PM
Wednesday, August 8, 2012
Summer's almost over and all I have to show for it are these lousy bug bites. Though it has been some considerable time since I have last posted, you haven't missed much. As I've spent a cumulative three hours outside this entire summer, it's no surprise that in Crayola terminology, my skin has remained an unflattering "Baby Powder" white. While the rest of my family members maintain their "Blast Off Bronze" complexion, I stand off to the side looking sickly and pale. In my defense, Asian cultures pride themselves with having fair skin. For instance, this past weekend I came across this article in the New York Times. Yeah, how's that for extreme skin care measures? That just kicked my 80 SPF in the face.
- See an R-rated movie
- Donate blood without my parent's permission
- Buy alcohol in Cyprus, North Korea, and Greece
Posted by Occasionally Leah at 2:48 PM